[uClibc] Add asm-generic linux.mk (buildroot)

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Mon Oct 6 21:37:48 UTC 2003

On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Erik Andersen wrote:

> > Please add asm-generic to the included header files, they are referenced
> > from some asm/*.h files. I haven't checked if it makes sense for
> > the toolchain too.
>
> Can you show my some examples where this is needed.  I added it,
> then people complained....  I do know that glibc does not provide
> a /usr/include/asm-generic.  Does the application in question
> directly use kernel header files?

It was about a half year ago (mdadm, used xor.h), since then I add
asm-generic manually to my headers. I have checked a newer release, this
one does not need it anymore. Also some ide utility does make use of it
(ide.h), but I can't remember which one. What I remember, that both
required kernel-headers (they checked some feature, that was not in my
installed kernel-headers)

Peter

--
Peter S. Mazinger <ps.m at gmx.net>   ID: 0xA5F059F2    NIC: IXUYHSKQLI