[uClibc] ldso 0.9.21, libstdc++ crashes on PowerPC GCC 3.3.1

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at lumentis.se
Fri Oct 3 16:39:53 UTC 2003

> > Ah! Someone Who Knows What They Are Doing(TM)! Do you have any more
> > information on this kernel patch? How does glibc work around this issue?
>
> They don't use these instructions for 8xx.

Oops, forgot to comment on the kernel patch I just sent.

A while ago I tried to enable the use of dcbz in the kernel to speed up
memcpy/memzero operations and ran into problems. After much research and
postings to the embedded ppc list, I came up with this patch to workaround
the problem.

The patch has been tested by 2 other people and it worked fine for them.
The 8xx maintaner has rejected the patch so far since it is questionable
if it is a overall performace gain.

 Jocke