[uClibc] Help: how do I create a periodic timer with ucLibc?

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Sat Nov 22 21:17:24 UTC 2003

On Sat, Nov 22, 2003 at 12:42:10PM -0800, mark yang wrote:
> I just wanna know if there is any "substitution" call too "timer_settime()"  so I can use it to call my timeHandler function when the timer expires. this is something most of the people  uses in their embedded programming enviroment, and I don't believe they'll have to implement by themselves or "buy" to have it.

There was one post in the uClibc mailing list archive (before yours)
asking about timer_create().  There were no replies.

If you need those functions, feel free to port or implement them.
Also feel free to contribute patches so others can benefit as well.

No one is asking you to "buy" anything.  But if you don't want to
do the work yourself, then you can either wait for someone else to
do it or pay someone to do it.  How is that different from any
other open source project?

Manuel