[uClibc] uClibc 0.9.23 - build tool question

tag tag.gat at virgin.net
Fri Nov 21 11:55:49 UTC 2003

Hi,

I have recently downloaded uClibc 0.9.23 and after reading the INSTALL
file it says that I must have a build environment expressly for uClibc
0.9.23.  Previously I have used uClibc 0.9.20 which installed wrappers
around my host's build tools.  My host is a 686 and my target is a 386.

 From reading the INSTALL file, it seems it isn't possible to compile my
sources using my host's build tools anymore.  Could someone confirm this
please?

If this is the case, then how do I create a toolchain for uClibc.  I
have looked around the web site and perhaps one of these is what I'm
looking for:

(1) http://www.uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/toolchain/  - I'm am not quite
sure what this is - if I use this can I compile my source against
uClibc0.9.23?
(2) root_fs_i386.bz2 - maybe this is what I need?
(3) build root - I don't think I need this as I have a script that
installs everthing to my target - but not sure - I just need to compile
+ link against uClibc0.9.23.

Sorry if the above is a little vague - I am currently trying to think
about what I need to do to use uClibc 0.9.23 rather than the 0.9.20
version.

If anyone could shed some light on this for me :->

Regards,

Tag