[uClibc] buildroot with a different uClibc config.

Thomas Lundquist lists at zelow.no
Sun Nov 16 14:48:47 UTC 2003

This may be a FAQ or "You'd better know this"  but I just don't.

I'm trying to compile the whole buildroot with a different uClibc
.config and I've hit a few problems.

the first is that uClibc puts shadow.h in it's include/ directory which
makes perl want to compile itself with shadow password support altho I
don't have the option set in iClibc .config

how do I do this the correct way?

(it seems to me that perl messes this up anyway but that may be other
 reasons)

the second option I don't use which have gotten me into trouble is the
LARGE_FILE (CONFIG_LFS) option.

this is an option in the global Makefile but nok all the .mk scripts
handles it correctly. I've fixed the ones I've had problems with so I
will have a small patch set for this. (anyone want it?)

and the last question:

UCLIBC_HAS_WCHAR is set to "y" in uclibc.mk, why?

(I guess I should try to remove that line but compiling takes ages and
some here might know why it's done anyway)

this is uClibc 0.9.23 and yesterdays cvs head of buildroot.

regards.
Thomas.