[uClibc] MIPS II kernel running MIPS IV binaries?

Jeffrey Baitis baitisj at evolution.com
Fri Nov 14 16:09:56 UTC 2003

Hi all:

I've been trying to get optimal performance out of my PMC RM5231 CPU.
I've tried compiling uClibc with -mips4, and later with -march=r5000,
and even -mips2, but both of these resulted in the Linux kernel
complaining that init was not found. If I compile with -mips1,
everything works just fine.

It seems that my kernel that I'm booting was compiled -march=r8000
-mips2 with an earlier Monta Vista toolchain.

Could this cause some problems? I would think that the binaries compiled
with -mips4 would work!

Thanks,

Jeff

--