ready for the desktop? was: Re: [uClibc] Re: uClibc 0.9.22 released

Thomas Lundquist lists at zelow.no
Tue Nov 11 08:42:57 UTC 2003

On Mon, Nov 10, 2003 at 06:33:29PM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:

> Would it be profitable to fork off a uclibc-distro list?  Between buildroot
> and the new debian thing, people attempting to build systems with uclibc are
> likely to want to go someplace for support and discussion.

I vote for.

> That said, the traffic doesn't necessarily justify it yet.  Chick and egg
> problem.  I'm not quite sure how far away is considered "on topic" here...

I am working on my own "distro" (well, two, floppyfw and a development
thingie) but after Erik's post about compiling Debian packages with
uClibc I am tempted to try to go that way aswell, for the devstuff.

it would be a good start to have a place to discuss this but maybe also
a place to do this together.

Thomas.