ready for the desktop? was: Re: [uClibc] Re: uClibc 0.9.22 released

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Nov 11 00:33:29 UTC 2003

On Monday 10 November 2003 17:37, TxRx Lists wrote:
> Erik Andersen wrote:
> > Also...  As you no doubt saw from the debian-embedded list, I've
> > put together a uClibc/debian distro.  I am rather inclined to
>
> I have an old P2/300 Laptop with 128MB which I'm aching to put to use as
> a uclibc desktop, so this is exciting stuff :-) Anyone tried to do KDE
> with recent builds?
>
> Chris

Would it be profitable to fork off a uclibc-distro list?  Between buildroot
and the new debian thing, people attempting to build systems with uclibc are
likely to want to go someplace for support and discussion.

That said, the traffic doesn't necessarily justify it yet.  Chick and egg
problem.  I'm not quite sure how far away is considered "on topic" here...

Rob