[uClibc] Re: uClibc 0.9.22 released

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Nov 10 09:55:53 UTC 2003

On Mon Nov 10, 2003 at 06:46:13PM +0900, Miles Bader wrote:
> Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org> writes:
> > The gcc wrapper is depricated and no longer supported (even for
> > Debian).
>
> Is there a replacement?  I guess I can roll my own, it's just a bit of
> pain...

binutils + gcc?   I outlined the case for scuttling the gcc
wrapper here:

    http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2003-October/007315.html

There comes a time when 90% of correct is not enough.  uClibc has
progressed enough that people had begin running into the wrapper
limitations quite regularly.  It seemed better to just kill off
the wrapper and encourage people to use properly built
toolchains.  If you can make a solid case for resurrecting it,
I'm certainly open to the possibility.  But thus far I can't see
any good way to guarantee correct behavior.