[uClibc]Re: file descriptor (socket) leakage

Tomislav Sajdl tomislav.sajdl at communitymesh.com
Thu May 29 11:55:16 UTC 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 16:00, Tomislav Sajdl wrote:

> On Tuesday 27 May 2003 21:22, Erik Andersen wrote:

> > On Tue May 27, 2003 at 04:00:02PM +0200, Tomislav Sajdl wrote:
> > > I have a system with embedded linux (uclibc 0.9.16, kernel 2.4.20) and
> > > I run freeswan on it (1.99). Problem is that freeswan ends up with 1024
> > > open sockets, which makes it to stop working [although it is still
> > > running]. What do you think, what may be the source of the problem?
> > >
> > > I have a reaseon to believe that socket stays unclosed every time whet
> > > it is open toward interface of the system itself (no matter you call
> > > close()), but I cannot say for sure.

(cut)

I found what was the problem - freeswan tried to do syslog(), but there was no
syslogd; other program we used tries to do something similar, although not
via syslog.

Situation when they wanted to log something was allways related to networking,
so I was mislead, believing it is something network related.

Sorry for interupt :).

Greetings,
Tomislav