[uClibc] Busybox 0.60.5 / uClibc 0.9.19 segfaulting when a non-existant command is issued.

Marcin Bukat wodz at soliton.ch.pw.edu.pl
Tue May 27 06:54:57 UTC 2003

Uz.ytkownik Steve Rodgers napisa?:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if anyone has run into the following issue with Busybox
> 0.60.5 linked against uClibc 0.9.19. When I type in a command which doesn't
> exist, Busybox segfaults, after printing the error message. My target is a X86
> based SBC.  Here is what I did:
>
> BusyBox v0.60.5 (2003.05.20-03:42+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
> Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
>
> # ./junk
> ./junk: No such file or directorySegmentation faultConnection closed by
> foreign
> host.
>
> This has got to be something wrong in the way I set the system up, any ideas
> or pointers?
>
> Steve.
I discovered similar behavior. Beside that modprobe generates segfaults
(but modules are loaded correctly). Execution of my custom starting
script generates lots of segfaults statements but system is initialized
correctly. Funy - isn't it?
I read (can't remeber where) that problem is caused by ash shell from
busybox but I don't have time to experiment with different shells
shipped with busybox.

Maby someone can clear the situation?

Regards
wo