[uClibc]Gentoo with uClibc as root libc

Rob McMullen robm at flipturn.org
Thu May 22 02:28:09 UTC 2003

At Wed, 21 May 2003 00:00:29 -0600,
Erik Andersen wrote:

> uClibc's ld.so does not currently use /etc/ld.so.conf....  You
> should however be able to specify an rpath at link time using the
> '-rpath <dir>'.  Or you could encourage me to add support for
> /etc/ld.so.conf....

I've worked around most of the problems by placing the non-default
directories into LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  The only issue stems from using
LDSO_LDD_SUPPORT=y.  ldd.c seems to crunch everything out of the
environment, so ldd then claims not to find the libraries.  Running
the program does work, however.

> As for locale support, uClibc does have locale support, though it
> is currently a bit tricky to enable it.  The good news though is
> that if you enable uClibc's WCHAR support, you will automagically
> get fairly complete, but stubbed out, locale support.

Yep.  That's what I've done.

Rob