[uClibc]A couple of patches

Peter Kjellerstedt peter.kjellerstedt at axis.com
Wed May 21 15:39:22 UTC 2003

Hello,

here are four patches I would like to see applied to uClibc.

picflag.patch:
This patch makes it easier to use either -fpic or -fPIC
depending on the target architecture. There was an ugly
hack before that made sure -fpic was used for the CRIS
architecture.

crossuc.patch:
This will first strip -uclibc- from $(CROSS) so that the
same $(CROSS) can be used for uClibc as the other tools
that are later compiled with uClibc.
Then it defines a make variable $(CROSSUC) that is set to
$(TARGET_ARCH)-uclibc- by default for all architectures,
but CRIS. For CRIS it is set to $(CROSS)-uclibc- as we
want to be able to use the full cris-axis-linux-gnu-uclibc-
and not just cris-uclibc- as prefix (due to the fact
that cris-gcc and cris-axis-linux-gnu-gcc does not compile
the code the same way).
Further the extra/gcc-uClibc/Makefile is cleaned up some.

sysnum.patch:
This patch prevents include/bits/sysnum.h from being
modified unless required to prevent unnecessary
recompilations of files that depend on it.

cc_space.patch:
[ This patch requires that picflag.patch has been applied
  to apply cleanly. ]
This patch makes it possible to use spaces in $(CC), $(LD) etc.
It will also remove all quotation marks from
$(CPU_CFLAGS-y) and $(CPU_LDFLAGS-y) (as I see no reason
for them and they just mess things up).

I also have a big patch waiting that changes all occurrences
of install, ln and rm -f to $(INSTALL), $(LN) and $(RM) as
we want to be able to use other values for these than the
defaults. But I am waiting with it until the other patches
have been applied/rejected, as it affects all Makefiles.

If you have any questions or comments please don't
hesitate from contacting me.

//Peter