[uClibc]gcc-2.95 mipsel May 4 buildroot: "Internal compiler error in `find_reloads'"

Jay Carlson nop at nop.com
Thu May 8 14:51:46 UTC 2003

On Thu, 8 May 2003, Jonathan Chang wrote:

> Hi, Steven,
>
> I also tried gcc-2.95 in buildroot for mipsel, and met the same
> "internal compiler error". The reasons for trying 2.95 for mipsel are:
> 1. Certain user-space applications behave weirdly when compiled by
>    gcc-3.x and uclibc 0.9.19. For example, getopts (a builtin shell command)
>    of ash does not work
>    (http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2003-April/008287.html).
>    But this function of ash works if I use gcc 2.96 provided by our SoC
>    vendor and uclibc 0.9.15.

The Agenda people have good results with Debian gcc 2.95."4" on MIPS,
which is patched beyond what you get from gcc.gnu.org.  One of the
nice things about Debian's commitment to many-platform Linux is that
it provides a big test of toolchains.  I'm not sure you have the time
to extract and integrate the patch set, but it might be good for the
uclibc community to consider pulling patches from Debian for the
buildroot system.

Jay