[uClibc]buildroot and VAX

Dave Airlie airlied at skynet.ie
Mon Mar 31 07:43:07 UTC 2003

Hi,
	I'm currently trying to get buildroot building a VAX buildroot
(most things won't work properly yet but I want to get a jump on when I
get to fixing em :-)...

I've a buildroot from Mar 7th, and I've added a couple of patches for gcc
and binutils to get Linux/VAX support and I've put a copy of my uClibc
instead of letting it download one ..

So I want to build a root for my VAX on my x86 platform, can it be done? I
need to use the 2.95 toolchain as gcc3.x and Linux/VAX ain't workin at the
moment.. so has anyone successfully cross-built a root using 2.95
toolchain for anything?

I'm seeing things where it can't find my vax-uclibc-ar, and is compling
some parts of binutils (bfd/doc/chew) and gcc (gencheck) with the VAX
compiler and then trying to execute them...

These are probably issues with gcc/binutils rather than uClibc, but I'm
interested to know has anyone this working for say a MIPS or ARM
platform..

Regards,
Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DecStation / Linux VAX / ILUG person