[uClibc]Microblaze uClibc

John Williams jwilliams at itee.uq.edu.au
Mon Mar 31 00:49:25 UTC 2003

Hi folks,

This is my first post to the uClibc list.  I've just completed the core
  kernel port for uClinux 2.4.x onto the Xilinx Microblaze, a 32 bit
RISC softcore microprocessor that runs on Xilinx FPGAs.  Next stop is
creating uClibc support for microblaze.

As part of the uClinux CVS distro provided by Snapgear, I have the
uClibc source tree etc, and am wondering the best way to go about
introducing a new arch into uClibc.

The microblaze kernel port is based heavily on the v850 port, and I plan
to do the same for the uClibc support.  I've duplicated the
v850-specific stuff in the uClibc tree and mapped it across for
microblaze, like the setjmp/longjmp, and so on.  I've also created a
microblaze.config file in uClibc/extra/Configs.

By doing the above, make gets part way into uClibc but fails primarily
because libgen.h is not in my gcc include path (oh, I'm working under
Cygwin BTW).  I could hack the Makefile but I don't think this is the
right way to go.

Am I going about this the right way, or do I have to go "higher" than
this and use buildroot etc?  I searched the archive to see if Miles
(Bader) had asked any of the same questions when he did the v850 port a
couple of years back, but didn't find anything particularly
enlightening.  Miles are you still listening here?  Any words from the wise?

Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John
--
Dr John Williams, Research Fellow,
Reconfigurable Computing, School of ITEE