[uClibc]help : SIGSEGV in libpthread with xmms

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Tue Mar 25 18:44:46 UTC 2003

On Tue Mar 25, 2003 at 09:05:43AM -0800, Simon Davis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've successfully built xmms under the uclibc root fs.  However when running xmms it crashes
> consistently when doing certain things.
>
> It crashes with with a SIGSEGV in libpthread doing any of the following things ( See error below )
>   o  Staring up with a mp3 file in the command line.
>   o  Startup reading the ~/.xmms/xmms.m3u.  It starts up fine if I delete the xmms.mp3 file.
>   o  Selecting a new skin.
>   o  Clicking on the close button.
>
> This is the output of gdb -

> 0x4000fcd6 in __pthread_unlock () from /lib/libpthread.so.0

Since it is consistant, and since you can catch it under gdb
(which is very good), could you get a backtrace after the
segfault?  Any chance of compiling uClibc with DODEBUG enabled
and reproducing the segfault?  That would give even more detail,

> I've look through the mailing lists but can't find any problems with __pthread_unlock.

I'm not aware of any problems with __pthread_unlock, and I've
tested it pretty extensively.  But maybe you have found a special
corner case where it fails?