[uClibc]help : SIGSEGV in libpthread with xmms

Simon Davis sd1324 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 25 17:05:43 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I've successfully built xmms under the uclibc root fs.  However when running xmms it crashes
consistently when doing certain things.

It crashes with with a SIGSEGV in libpthread doing any of the following things ( See error below )
  o  Staring up with a mp3 file in the command line.
  o  Startup reading the ~/.xmms/xmms.m3u.  It starts up fine if I delete the xmms.mp3 file.
  o  Selecting a new skin.
  o  Clicking on the close button.

This is the output of gdb -

0x4000fcd6 in __pthread_unlock () from /lib/libpthread.so.0

I've look through the mailing lists but can't find any problems with __pthread_unlock.

Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it?

Thanks

Simon