[uClibc]0.9.19: can't resolve symbol '__udivsi3'

Stefano Costa stefano.costa at bluewind.it
Tue Mar 11 08:18:53 UTC 2003

Hello,

we recently upgraded our ARM toolchain to uclibc 0.9.19, using the
toolchain Makefile found on uclibc CVS.
Several applications that used to show various problems (mostly
related to file access, "stat" function calls etc.) now work
correctly so perheaps a lot of bug fixes make this version much more
stable.

Unfortunatly there's also a problem I can't solve (perheaps something
I'm doing wrong I guess). Almost all applications we're testing at
the moment (mgetty, pppd, strace) exit with an error:
can't resolve symbol '__udivsi3'
unless we build them with "--static"; only busybox and tinylogin work
dynamic also. Perheaps we missed something in our rootfs
configuration: to be sure, I simply copied everything from the
toolchain/lib folder to the target rootfs /lib folder.

bye-

--
:: Bluewind :: Stefano Costa
:: Embedded Systems Design