[uClibc] Php 4.3.1 with uclibc 0.9.19 -- 'input in flex scanner failed' issue

joe at cityofsanmateo.org joe at cityofsanmateo.org
Mon Jun 23 19:21:16 UTC 2003

its a simple fix actually,

in $php-source-dir /Zend/zend_language_scanner.c

serch for 'input in flex scanner failed'

you should reach this code block:
#ifndef YY_INPUT
#define YY_INPUT(buf,result,max_size) \
        if ( yy_current_buffer->yy_is_interactive ) \
                { \
                int c = '*', n; \
                for ( n = 0; n < max_size && \
                             (c = getc( yyin )) != EOF && c != '\n'; ++n )
\
                        buf[n] = (char) c; \
                if ( c == '\n' ) \
                        buf[n++] = (char) c; \
                if ( c == EOF && ferror( yyin ) ) \
                        YY_FATAL_ERROR( "input in flex scanner failed" );
\
                result = n; \
                } \
        else if ( ((result = fread( buf, 1, max_size, yyin )) == 0) \
                  && ferror( yyin ) ) \
                YY_FATAL_ERROR( "input in flex scanner failed" );
#endif

change this line:
        else if ( ((result = fread( buf, 1, max_size, yyin )) == 0) \

        else if ( ((result = fread( buf, 1, max_size, yyin )) <0) \

and recompile, it should take care of your problem,
im not sure what the cause is except that uclibc behavior
is different from glibc

--joe

"Randy Chan" <chanr777 at hotmail.com>
Sent by: uclibc-bounces at uclibc.org
06/23/2003 10:28 AM
Please respond to
randy at daboyz.org

uclibc at uclibc.org
cc

Subject
[uClibc]        Php 4.3.1 with uclibc 0.9.19 -- 'input in flex scanner
failed' issue

Hi All,

I'm having a problem getting php 4.3.1 running with uclibc 0.9.19.  The
problems that I am having are similar to an unanswered problem reported a
little over a month ago on this list.  I was wondering if anyone has found
resolution to the problem.....previous message below:

---------- Previously sent mail ----------
compiled php 4.3.1 against uclibc 0.9.19 using both the development
image supplied at the website and by setting up a cross compiler

configured with

configure --disable-ipv6

but in both scenarios everything compiles
and runs but any include() 'd calls
fail with  'input in flex scanner failed',

to replicate, once compiled run:
#touch tmpfile
#
#echo "<?php include('tmpfile') ?>"|php

has anyone else had this problem??

i thought it was a problem with flex but ive
tried 3 separate versions but the problem doesnt
happen under the same box without cross compiling
for uclibc

--joe
---------- End Previously sent mail ----------

Thanks in advance for any info you can give,
Randy