[uClibc]Re - uClibc for a new processor.

Deepa Sivasankarane sdeepa69 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 12 15:56:14 UTC 2003

Hi,

1.  As per e-mail below,  I  created the Config.new_processor in
uCLinux-dist/uClibc/extra/Configs.

2. Also put in the new_arch in uClinux-dist/uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/.

Could someone please tell me the order of "makes" I need to do ?

First, I do a "make" in  uClinux-dist/uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/new_arch.
Then in "uClinux-dist/uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux/" ?

Or is there a top_level makelevel  for uClibc alone within the uClinux-dist ?

Any pointers to doc will be greatly appreciated..

thank you,
regards,
Deepa

Deepa Sivasankarane wrote:

> Hi folks,

Hi,

>     1. For uClibc to support a new processor,  is there a document
> that tells us what to do ?

I have not found any document related to this.

>    2. I  had downloaded the Full source distribution. I suppose
>     I just modify uClinux-dist/uClibc/Makefile to include the new
> processor and run a "make" ?

No. There are more things than that:
- Edit the Rules.mak and set the CROSS variable depending on your
architecture.
- Go to the uClibc/extra/Configs directory and create a
"Config.ARCHITECTURE" file with the desired options in it.
- Finally, go to the uClibc/libc/sysdeps/linux directory. You should see
the architecture dependent part of the uClibc there. You have to create
a directory with you architecture and try to fill with the coresponding
files. This is the difficult part, If you have experience with the
uClinux kernel it would not be a great problem otherwise ....

Regards

Yannis