[uClibc]gcc-3.3 compiler built

Van Rafelghem, Dominique VanRafelghemD at intheairnet.com
Mon Jun 9 23:28:07 UTC 2003

Hi everyone,

I've managed (actually my colleague Mark) managed to build the gcc-3.3
compiler.  We specified an m68k for the target CPU in other words in the
makefile we set ARCH=m68k, and set HAS_MMU to false as we are trying to
build the compiler for a Motorola ColdFire processor 5272.

I tried out the compiler by setting my PATH to the bin directory where the
m68k-uclibc-xxx executables live and executing the m68k-uclibc-g++ compiler
to compile one of my programs.  But this doesn't see to work as the compiler
complain about one of the compile switches.

$ export PATH=${HOME}/uclinux/gcc-3.3/toolchain_m68k/bin
$ m68k-uclibc-g++ -m5307 -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__unix  -c -o exception.o
exception.cpp
cc1plus: error: invalid option '5307'

When I remove this option I get a slew of errors, as though the compiler
doesn't know where the header files are located.
$ m68k-uclibc-g++ -D_GNU_SOURCE -D__unix  -c -o exception.o exception.cpp
exception.cpp:1:20: iostream: No such file or directory ......

The other thing is that when I use the binary version of the 2.95.3 compiler
the tools are name m68k-elf-xxxx instead of m68k-uclibc-xxxx.  Did we build
the compiler incorrectly or is there some other environment variable or
something that needs to be set in order for this to work?  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Confused.

Dominique