[uClibc] compile of buildroot fails for i386 default target

searler robert.searle at tait.co.nz
Tue Jul 22 00:33:41 UTC 2003

I checked out buildroot according to the instructions and changed the
uclibs from snapshot and tinylogin from snapshot defines to false.

I typed make and eventually the make fails with the messages

cc1: unrecognized option `-auxbase'
cc1: output filename specified twice

I tried this a few days ago and everything worked (used daily snapshots
that time).
I have tried make clean and reverting the Makefile to the check-out
default but nothing fixes the problem now.

Any ideas where my environment might be going astray?

Mandrake 9.1 distribution

gcc -v
Reading specs from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu/3.2.2/specs
Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib
--with-slibdir=/lib --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info
--enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --disable-checking
--enable-long-long --enable-__cxa_atexit
--enable-languages=c,c++,ada,f77,objc,java
--host=i586-mandrake-linux-gnu --with-system-zlib
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.2.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.1 3.2.2-3mdk)

make -v
GNU Make 3.80
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

ls -l /usr/src/linux
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           22 Jul 21 09:43 /usr/src/linux
-> /usr/src/linux-2.4.21//