[uClibc] Question on floating point exceptions

Joel Coltoff joel at wmi.com
Wed Jul 9 17:32:57 UTC 2003

Hi,

We are using uclibc-0.9.19 on a MIPS 32355. This is a fixed point
processor so we end up using the Algorithmics Floating Emulator.
I'm trying to catch (or detect) floating point exceptions. I have
no problem generating them but my programs always exit.

The first thing I noticed is that there is no fenv.h file in /usr
include. The file .../bits/fenv.h is there but that is not the one
you include.

What do I need to do to either catch a SIGFPE or use functions like
feclearexcept() and fetestexcept()?

This may be obvious but these past few weeks I've needed lots of
smacks in the head to see even the painfully obvious.

Thanks.

--
Joel Coltoff

We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are.
    -- Anais Nin