[uClibc]uClibc fix for bug in __compare_and_swap, and other stuff

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Jan 23 08:27:19 UTC 2003

On Wed Jan 22, 2003 at 04:57:35PM -0800, Nathan Field wrote:
> 	I've been trying to get thread debugging working with uClibc for a
> while now, and I've come across a ton of uClibc bugs. I've also found that
> pthread_mutex_lock/pthread_mutex_unlock don't work. I've attached a C
> program (lock_break.c) that shows this bug when run on a Broadcom 7320
> board running uClibc 0.9.15. After about 10 seconds it should have printed
> out error messages showing that the critical section has not been guarded.
> To put it mildly, this is a serious bug. :)
[------snip--------]

Cool, thanks.  I've reviewed and applied all your changes (with
some relatively minor edits).  In particular, I don't think the
workaround you added in linuxthreads_db/td_symbol_list.c for
LINUXTHREADS_PTHREAD_THREADS_MAX is really necessary once the
__linuxthreads_pthread_threads_max has been added to manager.c.
Can you check if everything works properly with the latest and
greatest?

> distribution specific to pthread debugging. I'm not really sure what
> format you want, so I've attached all of the relavent files along with a
> standard "diff -U 2 origfile myfile" format with a summary of what the

diff -u is just perfect...