[uClibc]undefined reference to __libc_fork -lpthread m68k-nommu

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Mon Jan 13 21:17:52 UTC 2003

Although the suggestion to pass crt0.o on the link line did not fix my previous problem
with the missing msoft-float/crtbegin.o  (creating a symbolic link to ../crtbegin.o did fix it)

Now, I am making quite a bit more progress but have been stopped by the following.

This is with uClibc 0.9.16.  .

Python is not using fork(), configure seems to have figured out that fork doesn't exist,
however we are using pthreads.

I don't understand the purpose of having fork() in pthreads (via ptfork).

I'm tempted to hack ptfork.c, but before I do that, what's the proper fix for this?

[bkc at marimba m68k-python]$ make
c++  -Xlinker -export-dynamic -o python \
                Modules/python.o \
                libpython2.3.a -lpthread -lutil   -lm
/var/local/src/m68k-linux-uclibc/lib/libpthread.a(ptfork.o): In function `fork':
ptfork.o(.text+0xfe): undefined reference to `__libc_fork'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [python] Error 1

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com   (315)268-1000