[uClibc]make test fails msoft-float/crtbegin.o missing for m68k-elf

Eldridge Mount eldridge at labxtechnologies.com
Mon Jan 13 17:55:46 UTC 2003

Brad,
I had the same difficulty building uClibc-0.9.16 for the ColdFire
M5272C3 board; basically, I'm working with the cross-compiler toolchain
from the ColdFire uClinux port, and building uClibc wrappers.  I wound
up creating symbolic links from .../msoft-float/crtbegin.o to
../crtbegin.o to take care of this; apparently the wrappers aren't aware
that these are common to all the architectures.  Also, I have been
totally unable to build uClibc with position-independent code and get it
to link correctly to other position-independent code; even using static
libraries.  If I could get that to work, I'd try building the GCC
toolchain again with --enable-shared so that I could build uClibc and my
own libs as shared libraries, but I get "relocation truncated" all over
the place.

- regards,
Eldridge Mount
Lab X Technologies, LLC