[uClibc]SD-OS2

Michael Adams bulk at michaeladams.org
Mon Jan 13 01:29:38 UTC 2003

Densin Roy. wrote:

>Dear
>linux using hirachy file structure that non-sense for newbie to
>understand. So I try to make a draft system base on uclibc but change
>all name of directory to understandable structure as follow..
>
>/config = all config file as ordinary /etc
>/sys = everything of system (/usr + /lib + /sbin +/bin)
>/log = log, state, runtime file
>/tmp = just temp
>/proc, /dev same as traditional unix.

You may like to take a look at LinuxSTEP. We are doing much the same
thing as this, but following (more or less) the OpenSTEP standard. ie
/System, /Local, /Users.
  http://developer.linuxstep.org/documents/lsfh-1.2.html (the standard
we're using)
archive)

Although there isn't too much to show at the moment, we do have some
patches for quite a bit of software. I have a page up with quite a bit
of info on using your own filesystem hierachy.
  http://www.michaeladams.org/ustep

>- any feedback,please feel free to comment before I do so far
>I need suggestion
>1) /config should change to /cfg ? short name,fast type
>2) /lost-found change to /lost+found+unresuscitated+scattered+dead ?
>3) any addition software
>4) ....

If you're really passionate about doing this, you may like to join
LinuxSTEP.

--Michael Adams.