[uClibc]Patch to add libc/inet/ether_addr.c

Nick Fedchik fnm at fusion.ukrsat.com
Fri Jan 10 07:49:41 UTC 2003

On Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Erik Andersen wrote:
> On Tue Dec 24, 2002 at 09:59:51AM +0200, Nick Fedchik wrote:
>> One time ago I posted here my ether_addr patch for uClibc-0.9.16.
>> The patch should be useful for that peoples, who used nameif
>> applet from development version of busybox (from cvs) with uClibc.
Now it's also actual for arping busybox applet ;)

> Thanks Nick, looks good.  Applied,
Note - there is incomplete patch.
Not ported /etc/ethers functions:
int ether_ntohost(char *hostname, const struct ether_addr *addr);
int ether_hostton(const char *hostname, struct ether_addr *addr);
int ether_line(const char *line, struct ether_addr *addr,
           char *hostname);

I think it could be ported on demand, but now it's nonsense to port
and, as result, to increase the uClibc size. IMHO.

--
Nick Fedchik
FNM3-RIPE (-UANIC), UkrSat ISP