[uClibc]arm toolchain building with soft fpu

Jerome Lefranc jerome.lefranc at oxance.com
Tue Jan 7 10:48:54 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I am trying to build the arm-uclibc gcc-3.2.1 toolchain with soft fpu
support (the targetted processor has no hardware fpu). I am using the
last uclicb snapshot from friday.
The default arm toolchain builds perfectly.
Now I modify the default Makefile to add the --nfp option to binutils
and gcc configure process. I also changed HAS_FPU configure option of
uClibc to 'no'.

All is well until the uclibc generation. I have a soft/hard floating
point conflict.

make[2]: Enter in directory `/usr/local/gcc-3.2.1/build/uClibc/libc'
/opt/gp32/bin/arm-uclibc-ar rv ./tmp/libgcc-need.a
Finding missing symbols in libc.a ...
    partial linking...
/opt/gp32/bin/arm-uclibc-ld: ERROR: ../../lib/crtn.o uses hardware FP,
whereas libc.ldr uses software FP
No more archived files: failed to merge target specific data of file
../../lib/crtn.o

crtn.o seems to be compiled with hard fpu while HAS_FPU=n in uclibc config.

Is it a bug ? Can someone help me to solve it ?

Thanks for all

Jerome Lefranc