[uClibc]Anyone found the cause...

Goetz Bock bock at blacknet.de
Mon Jan 6 23:01:27 UTC 2003

On Mon, Jan 06 '03 at 15:11, Erik Andersen wrote:
> > I am _really_ trying to figure out the cause of this problem.  I
> > am compiling the buildroot environment with the build tools for
> > my development environment.
> > [ ... ]
> > configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> > cannot create executables.
first of all I want to welcome Thomas to the club, I'm hafing this
problem since weeks/months ... but never got any reply to my mails :-/

> Generally, this happens when people fail to read and follow the
> direction in the "NOTE" section of the buildroot README file. :)
bash > ls -l /lib/ld-*
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root       484281 Oct 11 10:19 /lib/ld-2.1.3.so*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           11 Feb 24  2002 /lib/ld-linux.so.2 -> ld-2.1.3.so*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           65 Nov 15 03:06 /lib/ld-uClibc.so.0 -> /home/DEVEL/uclibc/buildroot/build/staging_dir/lib/ld-uClibc.so.0*
Just to ilustrate I read the readme but it just does not help :-(

> Basically, GNU configure doesn't realize you are cross-compiling,
> and is trying to compile and run test apps on your build system.
> configure can be terribly stupid that way.  Anyways, the solution,
> is to add a symlink in /lib so that the test apps will in fact be
> able to run.  See the buildroot README file for more details,
I'm not even triing to do a crosscompile, only uclibc for i386 on i386.

But the tusxscreen buildroot does not work for me either, same error ...
--
Goetz Bock       (c) 2002 as     blacknet.de - Munich - Germany   /"\
IT Consultant    GNU FDL 1.1    secure mobile Linux everNETting   \ /