[uClibc]Using the toolchain

Eric Spakman E.Spakman at inter.nl.net
Sat Jan 4 18:14:37 UTC 2003

Hello all,

I have some problems with building programs against uClibc and other
(uClibc compiled) libraries using a GCC-2.95 with uClibc-0.9.15
toolchain.

For a project I'm working on I need to compile some progams, like
bash, openssh and others, against uClibc-0.9.15 (0.9.16 is no option
yet). I'm doing this with the toolchain and made a link from /lib/ld-
uClibc.so.0 . After that I compiled the needed libraries like openssl
and ncurses against uClibc and placed them in the .../toolchain/lib
directory.
I did an export PATH=/home/espakman/gcc-2.95/usr/bin/:$PATH and
compiled the bash and openssh programs. But they still get linked
against the hosts ncurses and opnenssl libraries instead of the
uClibc compiled ones.
I also tried export PATH=/home/espakman/gcc-2.95/bin/:$PATH and
export CC=i386-uclibc-gcc, but no luck either.

How do I manage to get the binaries linked against the uClibc
compiled libraries? (Buildroot is no option because it's based on
uClibc-0.9.16)

Regards,
Eric Spakman