[uClibc]gcc 3.2.2 on mipsel

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Wed Feb 26 00:56:43 UTC 2003

On Wed Feb 26, 2003 at 10:27:52AM +1100, dwu at zipworld.com.au wrote:
> I've read a few posts regarding the -march and -mcpu switches and I've checked
> that these were consistent for the toolchain, kernel and busybox.
>
> Enabling LD_DEBUG for uClibc produced a couple of extra lines of debug:
>
> ELF header=0x...
> First Dynamic section entry=0x...
>
> Note that I've managed to get all this to work for gcc 3.2, uClibc 0.9.15, and
> busybox 0.60.5.
>
> Has anyone had a similar experience?

Yes.  Static binaries work fine on my mips test system.

    $ mipsel-uclibc-gcc -Wall -Os -g mmap.c -o mmap -static
    $ ./mmap
    mmap returned 0x2aaa8000

But for some reason dynamically linked mips apps all die.

    $ mipsel-uclibc-gcc -Wall -Os -g mmap.c -o mmap
    $ ./mmap
    Segmentation fault

I've looked into it just a tiny bit but I've not seen anything
obvious thus far,