[uClibc]building shared libraries

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Feb 17 18:05:59 UTC 2003

On Mon Feb 17, 2003 at 06:59:30PM +0100, Claus Rosenberger wrote:
> i want to understand how to make the uclibc as shared library. i know i
> can grab the dev-sys but you build these systems too. how it is do to ?

The uClibc development systems are creates using buildroot.
You can go here

    http://uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/buildroot/

and click on the "Download tarball" link to grab a copy
of the latest and greatest.  Then simply edit the top
level Makefile according to your needs and run 'make'.
It uses the makefiles in the make directory
    http://uclibc.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/buildroot/make/
to build various packages (gcc, busybox, make, etc).  I think
those should give you plenty of examples to work with...