[uClibc]compile 0.9.18 without glibc and libraries

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Feb 17 18:00:43 UTC 2003

On Mon Feb 17, 2003 at 06:54:25PM +0100, Claus Rosenberger wrote:
> i want to build a uclibc in a chrooted environment only with staticly
> linked compiler and tools. i get into trouble because the new

Ok.  I have seen people do this before.  I personally prefer to
build my tools dynamically linked vs uClibc but there is plenty
of room for diversity.

> configuration interface (the oldconfig too) needs some sources out of
> glibc i think. i started with LFS and i'm now at chapter 6 with beginning
> of uclibc (hint uclibc-lfs). how i can build the uclibc ?

I think that until the LFS documentation is updated, it is likely
to cause more problems than it solves.  Perhaps you could suggest
to the LFS maintainers they should into updating their uClibc
related documentation.

> the other try was to build with the host system but i had some trouble
> with ldd because ldd was linked dynamicly to glibc. did i something wrong
> ?

Sounds like it.  Is your goal to have the experience of building
your own system from scratch, or are you more interested in the
end result?