[uClibc]building shared libraries

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Feb 17 17:52:05 UTC 2003

On Mon Feb 17, 2003 at 03:05:55PM +0100, Claus Rosenberger wrote:
> hi,
>
> if i want building shared libraries i get some errors. i want to build the
> system like described in LFS-Book. There is a hint for using uclibc too
> but only with version 0.9.14. They using a patch which copies some files

uClibc version 0.9.14 is rather old now, and the build system has
since changed.

> (libc and crt0.o before starting compiling ldso. should i do the same with
> version 0.9.18 or is there another way to build a system libc with a
> staticly linked gcc ?

Any particular reason you want a staticly linked gcc?  I havn't
the faintest idea what you are trying to do.  If you just want a
uClibc based system, perhaps you might want to grab one of the
uClibc development systems from the uclibc.org website.