[uClibc]TinyX x86 + rootfs

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Mon Feb 17 13:27:57 UTC 2003

On Mon Feb 17, 2003 at 08:01:26AM +0100, Christian MICHON wrote:
> Erik,
>
> just to confirm your latest x86 dev root_fs is **OK** with TinyX Xfree-4.2.
> I haven't tried your libz.a yet, but I'll do it soon, to clear one of
> the list members' doubts. Will keep you posted ;)

Very cool.  And just to add to the confusion, I'm busy posting an
update to the dev root_fs for x86, powerpc, and arm with the C++
symlink fixed, I've added GNU tar and GNU grep, I've fixed the
broken euid syscalls (per the example posted the other day to the
list) and made a few other minor changes (mainly powerpc syscall
fixups).  There are no binary incompatibilites or anything in
this, so you should be able to continue using anything you have
already compiled...

> /lib/cpp is still missing as a link, but yet you can overcome this
> by doing "export IMAKECPP=/usr/bin/cpp" before a "make World".

I wonder why X wanted to use /lib/cpp -- binary arn't supposed to
live under /lib.  That just seems really wrong to me.  But since
that seems to be the thing to do (the Debian cpp package supplies
such a symlink) I guess I'll go ahead and add that link as well.
Grumble.  Ok, it is now included in the root_fs dev images I posted
this morning,