[uClibc]Re: busybox failed in new root_fs-powerpc.bz2

leeyang leeyang at ycig.com
Sun Feb 16 13:51:07 UTC 2003

sorry for last wrong encoding.

> I have the same problem with a boot disk. I build it with
> uCLibc 0.9.18 and Busybox 0.60.5.
>
> Nothing happend after "Freeing unused kernel memory: 184k "
>
> The init process is not call.
>
> I will try with uClibc 0.9.17 and mail my result later.

I "dig" a bit deeper today,and I tracked to where it hangs.
At the end of busybox init.c,it will proceed inittab
and there is a "respawn ttys0 getty" in inintab.
that one invokes tinylogin getty.c.
It hangs just in the opentty() in getty.c around call dup().

although it hangs because opentty() fails,I am not sure
it is tinylogin's problem.Because that tinylogin 1.4 works
fine with glibc.

Best regards

leeyang