[uClibc]For Andreas: XFree86 4.2.1

Christian MICHON christian_michon at yahoo.fr
Tue Feb 11 16:03:59 UTC 2003

Andreas,

please try the following host.def to be put in xc/config/cf.
In my case, this is a linux x86, therefore a /lib/cpp is expected unless
you override this in linux.cf. Just link it to /usr/bin/cpp in root_fs.
On top of that, you need a true "ar" from binutils (confirmed in my case:
I replace busybox "ar" by a static glibc "ar" 2.13.2).

here it is:

#define BuildFonts NO
#define BuildServersOnly YES
#define KDriveXServer YES
#define KdriveServerExtraDefines -DMAXSCREENS=3
#define TinyXServer YES
#define XfbdevServer YES
#define HasLibCrypt NO
#define ProjectRoot /usr/X11R6
#define UseSeparateConfDir NO
#undef CcCmd
#define CcCmd gcc -I$(TOP)/lib
#undef OptimizedCDebugFlags
#define OptimizedCDebugFlags -O2
#undef ServerCDebugFlags
#define ServerCDebugFlags -O2

Then in xc, "make World", "make install".
Change the line on servers only to get the whole package built
but the fonts.

This is for TinyX x86 with framebuffer support from the kernel.
Please make sure (again I assume this is a x86, this may not be
the case) to have compiled MTRR support to speed up the whole
thing. Boot with vga=791 for kernel parameters.
This is **fast** ;)

I did a chroot to the root_fs of Erik (official v17). Yet, since
I must have again forgotten to update a proper mtab, and premount
/proc and devfs from the upper partition, I had to create 2 nodes
to get Xfbdev to work. /dev/tty7 and /dev/fb0.

Oh, and this is done on RH8.0. Thanks Erik...

Rgds,
Christian