[uClibc]illigal instruction signal

Alex Kuprin lineum at mail.ru
Tue Feb 11 10:46:56 UTC 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Andersen <andersen at codepoet.org>
To: Alex Kuprin <lineum at mail.ru>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 02:21:23 -0700
Subject: Re: [uClibc]illigal instruction signal

> Illegal instruction?  Hmm.  Did you build your applications
> using a toolchain which is generating i686 opcodes by default
> rather than i386 opcodes only?
>
>  -Erik

As I understand copilers -march=i386 switch is anough?
Or can it be some mahine specific flags, espesially for 386sx?
While rebiulding uclibc with run-time assertion and debug included happends some magik and busybox applications (ping and ifconfig) starts to work without error. So may be problem in some incorrect optimization.

Could it be some compiler incompatibility?
I had tryied gcc version 2.96 and 2.95.3