[uClibc]libc.so.6 reference

Erik Andersen andersen at codepoet.org
Thu Feb 6 19:58:33 UTC 2003

On Thu Feb 06, 2003 at 11:24:35AM -0800, Simon Davis wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm attempting to get libao ( http://www.xiph.org/ogg/vorbis/ ) compiled with uclibc.  Every time
> it compiles and links it always contains a reference to libc.so.6.  Does this mean that there's a
> call to a function that is not implemented by uclibc, which in turn would make it link to libc?
>
> I've set my PATH to /path_to_uclibc/bin:$PATH and set CC LD AR etc to the appropriate uclibc
> binaries ( see this post http://www.uclibc.org/lists/uclibc/2002-June/005823.html ) but no matter
> what I do I still end up with a libc link.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

The short answer is that sometimes ldd can lie when you have been
cross compiling things.  You can use 'readelf -a' to check that
both the INTERP and the NEEDED fields look ok.  If you build
libao within a uClibc only development environment, it will also
prevent ldd from lying and will make sure it is not configured
improperly....