[uClibc]Trouble compiling using buildroot

William Black wjblack at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 5 07:18:42 UTC 2003

Hi there!

I recently downloaded the buildroot kit (0.9.17
tarball) and have been trying to build without
success.  I have the only deviations in the Makefile
from default:

1.  USE_UCLIBC_SNAPSHOT=false
2.  TARGETS+=system-linux
3.  All other target packages except valgrind and the
iptables stuff is turned on.

It gets through uClibc, gcc, and other stuff and dies
on openssh (the first autoconfed package after zlib).
The error is that the compiler doesn't work (i.e. it
can compile, but that the resulting binary doesn't
run).  The configure script, of course, dies at this
point.

I'm running Debian Woody (gcc 2.95, gmake 3.79.1).
I'd honestly just use the existing root image if I
didn't need portmap for the project I'm working on
(the root image does not appear to have RPC stuff
turned on in its config).

Before I do another 1/2 hour build, am I just better
off chrooting to the root image and building it there?
 Is this self-hosting at this point?  Inquiring minds
want to know...

--bj

=====
B.J. Black <wjblack at yahoo.com>

Penguin Nation:  Stuffed Penguins, Surreal Situations
http://penguinnation.org