[uClibc] Toolchains thoroughly inadequate

Charlie Brady charlieb-uclibc at e-smith.com
Wed Dec 31 21:56:00 UTC 2003

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Erik Andersen wrote:

> Why did you spend such time?  Why not grab the pre-built x86
> development environment

I can think of a few reasons:

- I want all my development tools to be packages as RPMs, so they can be
  installed, uninstalled, verified, listed, etc
- I don't want to be restricted to a chrooted environment
- I want to be able to build my own tools
- I want to cross compile

That said, I don't see any point in crying "Toolchains thoroughly
inadequate" to the list. If things don't work how you like them, look
elsewhere, or fix the problem[s].

--
Charlie