[uClibc] buildroot won't prepare /dev entries? (addition)

Selwyn Tang selwyn at hectrix.com
Fri Dec 12 02:59:08 UTC 2003

On 12/12/03 10:47, Selwyn Tang wrote:
> It seems that buildroot won't prepare any entries in /dev except a
> directory "pts" and a symlink "log" pointing to /tmp/log. Is this on
> purpose for use with devfs?

If it is for use with devfs, then the default .config for busybox
snapshot seems to be not prepared for that, as both the DEVFS and DEVFSD
options are not set by default.

I understand that the devfsd module was just freshly added in
busybox-1.00-pre3, so I wonder if I am right that I have to tweak these
config files to get it work with devfs, or manually create entries in
/dev for use without devfs.

Selwyn