[uClibc] m68k-nommu pthread problem

David McCullough davidm at snapgear.com
Wed Aug 27 04:40:13 UTC 2003

Jivin Sevy Jonathan lays it down ...
> I'm building a uCLinux system from the snapgear distribution using the m68k-elf-gcc toolchain, and use pthreads in some applications. However, I get the following link error for the pthread library:
>
> In function '__fork':
> /snapgear/uClibc/libpthread/linuxthreads/ptfork.c:91: undefined reference to '__libc_fork'
>
> I've seen other posts to the list mentioning this issue; has anyone found a solution?

Sounds like your config.uClibc might be setup wrong.  What version of
the dist are you using ?

Can you build the threaddemos ok ?

The pthread demos are turned on for the SnapGear/SOHO+ target in the
latest dist as an example.  You should compare your config.uClibc with
the one from:

	vendors/SnapGear/SOHO+/config.vendor-2.4.x

and also check the config.arch quickly as well ;-)

Cheers,
Davidm

--
David McCullough, davidm at snapgear.com  Ph:+61 7 34352815 http://www.SnapGear.com