[uClibc] uClibc and Boost.Python

Jeff Gray jeffg at magtech.com.au
Tue Aug 19 01:00:21 UTC 2003

Has anyone had success using Boost with uClibc? In particular, have you
got Boost.Python to work?

I am using the getting_started1.cpp example provided with Boost. I am
using Boost 1.30.0, uClibc 0.9.20 and Python 2.2.3. Because uClibc does
not currently support a dlopen() called library calling a dlopen(), I
have found that as long as the library is loaded with Python, I can get
it to work. I am currently using the SSL version of the socket module,
which is using SSL libraries linked against Python.

I have tried 2 techniques so far, but both result in core dumps.
1. Compile Python against uClibc and force linking with libboost_python.so
2. Compile Pyhton against uClibc only. Build Boost application by
linking against libboost_python.a so no external library is needed.

It may be that the 2 libraries are simply not compatible at this stage.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards,
Jeff Gray