[uClibc] uClibc support in libstdc++

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at develer.com
Sat Aug 9 16:23:44 UTC 2003

Manuel Novoa III wrote:

>>A comment from there said that full libstdc++ locale support
>>was going to be completed shortly. Is this still true?
>
> Well, all the extended and thread-specific locale stuff should now
> be in place.  That was part of my big commit on Aug 1.  There is a patch
> I know I need to make to libstd++ because the ctype table member sizes
> are different.  Also, I don't yet support the wide string versions of
> the various LC_TIME items.  I hadn't decided whether I would do so,
> or simply patch the libstd++ code to alloc and generate the wide string
> versions at object construction time.  I will probably take the latter
> approach... at least for now.  The former will likely be an option
> after I rewrite the locale data generation tools.

If you prepare patches for libstdc++, would you please consider
submitting them for inclusion into the official version of GCC?

I'm committed to integrate uClinux support into GCC's mainline.

> I certainly expect to have the libstd++ locale stuff working by the end
> of the month.  I think it will likly be much sooner.  But I can't really
> be more specific at the moment.  Sorry.

If you're not making an official release soon, I could also use
CVS snapshots, but I don't follow uClibc development closely
enough to know whether a specific day is safe to use ;-)

\X/  http://www.develer.com/

Please don't send Word attachments - http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html