[uClibc] Ncurses breakage narrowed down to Aug 1 CVS (was Re: CVS uClibc: ncurses barf; uClibc-0.9.20: no barf)

Manuel Novoa III mjn3 at codepoet.org
Thu Aug 7 03:09:15 UTC 2003

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 04:54:35PM -0700, David Wuertele wrote:
> I did a binary search between July 1 and Aug 3 and found that
> uClibc-20030801.tar.bz2 was the first snapshot that broke ncurses
> compilation.
>
> When I do a diff -Nur between these two snapshots, I notice a *LOT* of
> ctype related edits.  I'm pretty sure that this is the source of the
> breakage, but I don't have enough understanding to narrow it down any
> further.  Can anyone lend a hand?

Apparently you don't subscribe to the uClibc devel list.  I committed
a major update on August 1st.  I know that I built ncurses with the
new version.  I also know that Erik ran across a build problem that
was cross-compile related.  I am currently away, but should be back
this weekend.  I'll look at it then.

Manuel