[uClibc]QT/Embedded 3.1.2

Jarl Friis jarl at pallas.dk
Mon Apr 28 06:21:05 UTC 2003

"bob" <rinnes at integraonline.com> writes:

> If anyone is interested, I just built QT/E 3.1.2 for the arm platform with
> gcc 3.2.3 and uClibc 0.9.19.
> Seems to link and work fine as a shared library, but I have not tested it
> extensively.

On a x86 system I have earlier (0.9.12) had trouble with this on Qt>=3
because the qmake tool did not work as expected when built with
uClibc(0.9.12). though using a qmake built with glibc the rest of the
library built OK. So it seems that at either uClibc and/or Qt 3 have
improoved to solve this issue.

> used:
>  ./configure-embedded arm -stl -thread -no-cups
> library size is 7809414 (big, but it is expected)

With Qt2 I've got my static linked app down under 1MB using minimal
configuration.

> The only change I made was to the qws/linux-arm-g++/qmake.conf file:
> changed all references to arm-linux-* to arm-uclibc-*
>
> Compiled and linked without a complaint.
>
> If it works OK, I see no reason not to give the configuration file to
> trolltech.

I have succesfully compiled Qt2 with uClibc 0.9.12 with only the small
modification of commenting out lines that invoked the global function
'setlocale'. Qt 3 does not use this function, so that's not an issue
for Qt3.

I am using Qt2 with uClibc(0.9.12) and I experience no problems.

Trolltech support would probably like to know, hence the Cc to them.

Jarl