[uClibc] Undefined references when compile zlib -- can anyone advise me please?

Barry Kauler bkauler at goosee.com
Sun Apr 6 10:08:05 UTC 2003

Hi,
I'm very pleased, because I downloaded the uclibc source and successfully compiled
it.
Then, I tried to compile "zlib" using uclibc, and this is where things have gone wrong.
I know it can be done, as I've seen it in a two-disk distribution compiled with uclibc.

This is the error message I'm getting:

/usr/i386-linux-uclibc/lib/libc.so : udefined reference to '_custom_printf_spec'

then get the same error for these:
_store_intype
_pps_setargs
_ppfs_prepargs
_load_inttype

Does this ring a bell with anyone? Is there some setting I got wrong when compiling uclibc?

Changing the subject, I set wide character support to on -- is this necessary?
I also put 'assume_devpts=y' although I'm unsure about this. -- this has something to do
with that new-fangled dev system doesn't it -- in which case as I don't know what it is, I
should change to 'no'?

Greatly appreciate any help!
Regards,
Barry Kauler